Why Become A Member?
The five pillars of NAHB membership – advocacy, expertise, knowledge, networking, and savings – form the foundation to build your future.
Published Membership Listings
- Company listing by name and by work type in the Membership Directory on the QCBR website.
- Company listing by name and by work type in the QCBR Resource Guide Directory. (Currently Under Construction)
- Your business will be listed in the state and national membership directory.
Promotion to the Public
Industry Information and Representation
- State level representation for the home builders industry in Des Moines, IA and Springfield, IL.
- National level representation for the home builders industry on Capitol Hill in Washington DC.
- Members have access to the NAHB website that offers legislative news and economic forecasts.
Student Trades Support and Development
The QCBR is a very active and prominent supporter of the Hands On Trades Expo/HOT Expo (ie a Student Trades Initiative Event), the Build Your Career Forum (ie a Student Trades Initiative Event), and the Student Built Homes Programs and Scholarships in the Quad Cities area.
Help save lives by signing up to give blood at the annual blood drive or sign up to get certified in CPR. The QCBR is involved in many charities such as Habitat for Humanity. The QCBR hosts Night at The Ballpark at the Quad City River Bandits where the kids eat free.
Participate in or sponsor one or more of the following fun events:
- Annual Holiday Party
- Annual Home Show
- Spring and Fall Parade of Homes
- Annual Golf Outing
- Monthly Grill & Chills
- Annual Bags Tournament (NEW! Coming Soon)
- Annual Trap Shoot (NEW! Coming in 2023)
- Annual River Bandits Ball Game
- Annual Cubs/Cardinals Bus Trip to Wrigley Field (NEW! Coming in 2023)
National Guidance & Expertise
- This series of ready-made presentations feature the latest tips and insights to help enhance builders’ businesses.
Strategic Business Planning
- Home builder’s professionals have to keep track of details to run a successful business. Industry experts offer their insights in these articles to help NAHB members achieve solid business performance and growth.
Financial & Accounting
- These financial management articles are written by industry experts to help you understand basic accounting practices and their importance to running a successful business.
- NAHB provides numerous legal resources for members and for state and local association staff.
International Builders’ Show:
- The annual NAHB International Builders Show® (IBS) offers attendees more than 150 education sessions during the three-day event.
National and Local Rebates and Discounts
NAHB’s Member Advantage Program
- Building Materials
- Travel & Entertainment
- Business Management
- NAHB Discounts
- Help with Legal Affairs
- Discounted Residential Construction Contracts
- Educational Online Courses and Webinars
- Iowa and Illinois Member Rebate Program
- Sherwin Williams
- Honeywell Home
- Nissan Vehicle Discount
- Lowes Home Improvement
- And more
The QCBR membership is made up of Builder Members and Associate Members.
Any member whose primary source of business is derived from building, developing or remodeling. This would include both residential and commercial general contractors, spec builders, custom home builders and both commercial and residential remodelers as well as land developers.
Any member working in support of the above mentioned builder members. This would include plumbers, electricians, painters, designers, insurance companies, financial institutions, etc.
Our Partners & Affiliate Associations
State & National Associations
QCBR works to enhance the local business environment for our builders, remodelers and associates members within the greater Quad Cities area; while the Illinois and Iowa Associations do the same at the state level and NAHB at the national level. We achieve more collectively than we can as individuals.
Home Builders Association of Iowa
The Home Builders Association of Iowa is a state association serving 11 local associations in the state of Iowa, representing over 1750 members. We closely watch all building codes and fight for legislative priorities.
Home Builders Association of Illinois
The HBAI is the watchdog for builders, contractors, developers and all those involved in home building across Illinois. We work hard to keep legislation and regulatory action favorable to the industry–and especially to how it affects our members’ bottom lines.
National Association of Home Builders
NAHB is a trade association that helps promote the policies that make housing a national priority. NAHB has been serving its members, the housing industry, and the public at large since 1942.